Every apprenticeship programme must include functional skills in maths and English. Apprentices are not permitted to take their End Point Assessment without first passing maths and English exams because it is a requirement of the apprenticeship standard.
You must get your Functional Skills Level 2 Math and Functional Skills English qualifications if you haven’t already earned your GCSE Grade 4/C (or other equivalent Math/English qualification).
After finishing your diagnostic evaluation at the beginning of the course, a personalised maths and English learning plan will be automatically generated for you to follow. Your education will be completed remotely, and working on BKSB will help you improve your skills. When you are ready for your assessment, you will take the tests online. Group learning will be conducted through a virtual classroom. At the beginning of your legal apprenticeship, you will be told of the month in which you must pass your functional skills test.
At Law Apprenticeships we will also be hosting Maths and English bootcamps that will be running for a duration of 12 weeks. Anyone that needs to do FS Maths and English will need to attend the 12 week course.
When an apprentice successfully completes the End Point Assessment (EPA) and is evaluated by a third-party EPA Organisation Assessor, they are awarded their legal apprenticeship certification. Which is why, helping your apprentice with the information and skills they receive in maths and English can help your business in a variety of ways, and when these changes are combined, they can increase business performance.
- When computing job quotes, your apprentice’s maths abilities can reduce the margin for error.
- As they develop their problem-solving abilities, apprentices become more capable of working on their own.
- Apprentices with stronger mathematical skills can detect any problems in customer payments.
- Effective communication with clients and suppliers will be made possible by improved speaking and listening abilities.
- Apprentices’ emails and letters to clients and suppliers will be improved from the acquired written communication skills, which include good spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
Functional Skills Assessments
Learn more about the Functional Skills Level 2 Math and Functional Skills English qualifications & assessments included within your legal apprenticeship.
Consists of 3 parts:
- Reading Exam
- Written Exam
- Speaking, listening and communication discussion
Three texts of 100-300 words on a similar theme and between 10-13 short answer questions (60 minutes & 30 Marks)
Two tasks each writing a document with a different purpose, audience, and format. (60 minutes & 60 marks)
Two tasks including a group discussion and a presentation. (30 minutes)
Consists of a 2 hour exam.
25% of the marks
1 hour and 30 minutes
75% of the marks